In this blog we will cover, how can we tend to change or Disable the USB ports of Computer system. This can be helpful and definitely useful within the share networks systems like Schools, colleges, or Universities Labs however not restricted to it but Government organizations and Private sectors companies also relies on and implement high-cost protection firewalls in order to protect their systems from Malware Virus attack.
The USB is one of the foremost best and quick medium of spreading Virus in millisecond to the Window system preprocessor files. It means that which files would you browse, the virus file would automatically run it process function and occupy place at that folder.
For example, we have about 24,000 folders on our hard-disk then its means that an extra 24,000 of bugs additionally occupy their space on the hard-disk, not only that but it also block the system interval time which cause the delay of performing tasks on computer system
One of the foremost known virus type Trojan also known as “USB shortcut virus” that infects the USB drive and makes all the files in an exceedingly USB drive became un-accessible. These Trojan hides all of your files and replaces them with the shortcuts having the same name. These shortcut viruses can easily spread the virus in all the program files once their links clicked by user.
Today, we will cover how can we enable or even disable USB port in Window 10 PC by using 3 different methods, which are probably.
- How to disable USB using Device Manager
- How to disable USB via Registry
- How to disable USB via Command Prompt
- Conclusion – The way to defend from dangerous virus
Disable USB Port using Device Manager
- Click the Start button and type “device manager” or “devmgmt” and click open to launch the device manager services
2. Once Device Manager opens, there you will find a list of Universal Serial Bus controllers USB ports on your computer.
3. Right-click on a USB port which you want to disable, then click “Disable device”
click "Enable device" if you want to re-Enable again.
To "re-Enable"USB port
Right-click each USB port separately, then click "Enable device".
- Right-click each USB port, then click "Enable
Disable USB using regedit Registry
- Press Window + R button to start Run command, Then type
regeditin a Run Window popup; like show below
2. Click “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE“
3. Click on “SYSTEM“
4. Locate the File Path:
SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > USBSTOR , here find the “Start file” within the right pane and double-click on it.
5. The default value under Value data: will be 3, shows the port is Enabled.
6. Change the Value data from 3 to 4, press OK button to disable USB port.
7. If you’d like to enable it again, change the value data to “3” and save.
Disable USB using Command Prompt
Utilizing the “command Prompt” application is certainly an effective and easy method of enabling USB ports in Windows OS. To enable USB port using the “Command Prompt” in Windows 10
- Open Command prompt by pressing Window + R button to start Run command
cmd in a Run Window popup; like show below
“or” Go to the Windows search bar and type
cmd To Launch the “Command Prompt”.
2. Type the below command in command prompt console window:
reg add HKLMSystem/CurrentControlSet/Services/UsbStor /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4”
then press “Enter”, It will disable the USB port in your Windows 10 PC.
Enter “3” instead of “4”, If you want to enable USB ports.
To "re-Enable"USB port
How to prevent bad USB attacks?
- Keep personal and work-related USB sticks separately.
- If you don’t know where the USB drive is coming from, don’t use it.
- Occasionally change and update your USB keys.
- Regularly scan your USB drives and devices with an antivirus.
5 simple tips that help you set up your blog posts more effectively
Blogging is the one of unique and great tool to...Read More
How To Set up WordPress Blog Post Formats Properly – The Easy Way!
The WordPress is a Content Management System 'CMS' was initially...Read More